At ESMS Junior School our children benefit from excellent standards of teaching. We are leading the way in the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning but we also believe that the basics matter, so we put good handwriting, spelling, grammar and traditional values at the heart of our curriculum.
Our broad curriculum gives children extraordinary opportunities to excel.
- We allocate children to broad ability sets in Mathematics from Primary 4-7 as we believe this structure offers children of all levels of mathematical ability the best opportunity to become confident and competent in all areas of Mathematics and Numeracy
- Science is taught throughout the Junior School and by the time they reach Primary 7, children are working in a Senior School Science laboratory, taught by a qualified Senior Science teacher and technician
- We concentrate on handwriting skills from Primary 1. Cursive handwriting is introduced during Primary 3
- We teach our children that spelling always matters and offer a wide variety of activities and equipment to help children improve their spelling
- We broaden children’s awareness by introducing them to a variety of authors, including Shakespeare and a variety of styles and genres
- All children are entitled to educational provision which enables them to achieve their full academic potential. The Support for Learning Department supports children of all abilities through small group teaching, in-class support and advice to teachers.
We are happy to discuss Learning and Teaching methods and can do this during a visit to school or please feel free to email or call us with any questions you may have on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)131 311 1111.