Our wraparound care services continue to expand and we require additional staff to work in our evolving e-Plus After School and Holiday Clubs. Working within an enthusiastic and dynamic team, successful candidates will be responsible for the out of school care of boys and girls aged 3 to 5 and 5 to 7 (1.30 pm to 6.00 pm daily) based on The Mary Erskine School campus at Ravelston or those aged 8 to 12 (3.00 pm to 6.00 pm daily) based on the Stewart’s Melville College campus at Queensferry Road.
Staff can work for a maximum of 22.5 hours per week (at Ravelston) or 15 hours per week (at Queensferry Road) in After School Club and 26.25 hours per week during holiday periods. The hourly rate ranges from £8.44 to £11.13, depending on qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities include –
- Providing full care for children who attend the After School Club and Holiday Club
- Supervising and interacting with individuals and groups of children on a daily basis
- Preparing and organising resources for each day’s activities to provide a play environment for the children which provides high quality care, relaxation and fun
- Liaising with parents on a daily basis
- Taking an active part in the planning process and accepting responsibility for the preparation of activities and tasks
- Ensuring that the play area is safe for the children’s use and is tided appropriately at the end of the day
- Supervising groups of children on outings
We particularly welcome candidates who have a Playwork or Early Years qualification, or who may be interested in working towards a recognised Childcare qualification for registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
A letter of application, addressed to Mrs Claire Gray, e-Plus Manager, along with a current Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact details of two referees, should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Lydia Lawson, HR Administrator, Erskine Stewart’s Melville Schools, Ravelston, Edinburgh EH4 3NT.
The closing date is Friday 4 August 2017.