We require a self-motivated HR Manager for this newly created post at the Erskine Stewart's Melville Schools (ESMS) in Edinburgh from 1 August 2019. This is a full-time, permanent position and the hours of work will be 8.30 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday. The annual salary will be £44K to £47K, depending on qualifications and experience.
ESMS is a unique family of independent schools in Edinburgh educating over 2,700 pupils and employing 550 staff. The schools are at the forefront of education in Edinburgh and offer an excellent standard of academic education which is anchored in our commitment to school values.
Reporting to the Bursar, the post holder will be responsible for providing strategic and operational HR advice and guidance to the Senior Management Team and will contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures. The salary range will be £44K to £47K.
What we are looking for
- A graduate with CIPD membership
- Proven strategic HR experience in a complex organisation
- Experience in managing recruitment processes
- Analytic thinker and pragmatic decision-maker
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Takes a committed interest in the values, success and operation of the schools
Further information is available in the PDF below.
Applications should be in the form of a letter, addressed to the Principal, and should be supported by a full Curriculum Vitae along with the names, addresses and contact details of two referees. They should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the HR Administrator, Erskine Stewart's Melville Schools, Ravelston, Edinburgh EH4 3NT, from whom further particulars may be obtained. This information can also be found on our website.
The closing date is 12 noon on Wednesday 8 May 2019.