Tuition fees for day pupils as well as weekly and full time boarding fees for the coming school year can be found in the table below.
All fees are annual and can be paid either by monthly direct debit or up front for the full year before the first day of term, in which case a payment discount of 1% will be applied.
|Day Pupil fees||Full time boarding||Weekly boarding|
|Nursery to P3||£9,123||n/a||n/a|
|Primary 4 to 7||£10,224||£23,349 (available from P6)||£22,695 (available from P6)|
Fee assistance in the form of bursaries is available from Primary 7, whilst Scholarships can be awarded to pupils from S1. We also offer information regarding additional Independent Advice. Parents naturally want to know if there will be extra expenses in addition to the annual school fee; answers can be found on relevant pages by following these links:
- Termly boarding available from £7,783 per term
- Boarding is available to children from Primary 6 (age 10) upwards
- Children in Nursery and Primary 1 are provided with lunch, whilst lunch is optional from Primary 2 - Primary 7. This costs £648 per year
- Lunch is optional in Senior School and costs between £504 and £648 per year
- Early Learning and Childcare Funding: ESMS Nursery is in partnership with the City of Edinburgh Council which give parents the opportunity to benefit from 1140 hours of Early Learning and Childcare funding a year. This equates to 30 hours of funded childcare a week, during term time, Monday – Friday, from 8.30am to 2.30pm and includes a hot lunch in our bespoke early years dining facility. For those who live out with the city boundary, cross-boundary funding is permitted. The funding can be accessed for the term starting after your child's third birthday but cannot be used for our wraparound care provision. There are some caveats to the funding, so please contact Hannah Ireland, our Admissions Manager, who will help you confirm whether you are eligible.
- Childcare Vouchers or the Government backed tax free childcare scheme can be used to offset the cost of e-Plus
- For families joining ESMS from session 2022/23 onwards: Where four or more children attend the ESMS family of schools (P1 to Sixth Form) at the same time, a 25% reduction in fees applies for the fourth and subsequent children
- For families whose first child joined the school prior to session 2022/23: A 25% reduction in fees will continue to apply for the third and subsequent children when three or more children attend ESMS at the same time (Nursery to Sixth Form).