Autumn is the season for Open Days across most of the Private Schools in Edinburgh. Now that you’ve registered for Open Day at ESMS on Saturday 23 September, you’ve got it written on the family wall planner AND it’s in the shared iPhone calendars, you’re all set to go! We know it’s a busy morning and you’ll have lots of questions for us. We’ve pulled together ten top tips on how you can make the most of your Open Day experience:
- Chat to our students! If you are touring P4-P7, or either of our Senior Schools, you’ll have the pleasure of being taken around by our student guides. They know our Schools best, and are excited to share their knowledge with you, ask them anything!
- Make a note of any specific questions you might have ahead of the tour. For example, for the Junior School you might want to know more about our Early Birds and After School Care provision, or how the 1140 Edinburgh Council funded hours work in practice. In our Senior Schools you may be interested in our robust guidance structure, or how our 2023 Exam Results compared with other private Schools in Edinburgh.
- Make time for tea, coffee and a chat. We’ll have refreshments and some sweet treats available across the Schools, so enjoy them before or after your tour.
- Hear directly from the students. We’ll have some of our Senior School students on stage at Stewart’s Melville College, answering questions and telling you what school life is like, and our students at The Mary Erskine School will be on hand during your tour to ask any questions.
- If there are specific areas of the Schools you’d like to see in more detail, or return to after your tour, just let our tour guides know and they’ll be happy to make that happen.
- You’ll find our Finance team, and our Coach Services teams in the Mar Hall at The Mary Erskine School, and in the Rutherford Playground in our Talking Tents at our Queensferry Road site, and you are welcome to visit them at the end of your tour.
- If you’re booked onto our Junior School tours, cross check the address on your Eventbrite ticket. Nursery – Primary 3 tours are located at our Ravelston Site, whereas Primary 4 – 7 tours are on our Queensferry Road site. It takes about 15 minutes to walk between sites, and five minutes to drive.
- Find out more about our extra-curricular activities across the Schools. It's a really big part of the student experience at ESMS with over 300 clubs on offer. We have everything from robotics, football and drone club, to climbing, basketball and stage lighting.
- When you get home, have a good look through your goodie bag. Once you’ve dished out the fun items to the children, take a read of our Open Day brochures. You’ll find lots of detail around what life is like at ESMS, and how an independent education at ESMS could be right for your child.
Should you have any further questions at all about ESMS, what life’s really like at an independent school or anything you feel like you missed at Open Day, contact our Admissions team who will be happy to help:
Lesley Watson at Stewart’s Melville College
Tel: 0131 311 1000
If you’ve not already booked, there’s still plenty time, just register here. We look forward to welcoming you on Saturday 23 September!